MacNN Forums (https://forums.macnn.com/index.php)
-   iOS Apps (https://forums.macnn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   iPhone Apps - Posting Guidelines (https://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=395916)

Demonhood Jul 22, 2009 02:05 PM
iPhone Apps - Posting Guidelines
What should you post here?: Things related to iPhone (and iPod Touch) applications. This includes reviews, problems, announcements, development questions, etc.

Announcement rules: There can be a fine line between posting an announcement for your new iPhone app and blatent spam. To help with this, we're limiting app announcements to established members only. You can't announce your app in your first few posts. Also, keep the post brief. Don't make people scroll through 12 screenshots and a bunch of marketing copy.
Announcements should have the [ANN] tag before the thread title.

How to write a Review: Find an app you like? Did you just waste 99 cents on something you wouldn't give to your worst enemy? Write a review.
Here are our suggestions for what to include in your review:
App Name - This one should be pretty obvious. It should also be part of your thread title.
Price - How much did you pay for it? Was it on sale?
Version - What version are you reviewing?
Age - What is the age limit/restriction on this app?
Link - Link to the application in the iTunes app store and any normal web presence they might have.
Compatible with - Does it require GPS or something that only an iPhone (not a Touch) would have?
Stars - Go crazy here. Want to rank the graphics separately? Go ahead? Controls? Sure. Fun factor? Ok. We only ask that you include an Overall score at the end. We've created some stars to make this easier. They're in the "more..." section of the smilies. Go anywhere from 1 to 5 stars (in half increments). Eventually you'll just learn the shortcuts and type out : 3.5stars : without the spaces. It'd look like this:
Sound fx: :3.5stars:

Reviews should have [Review] at the beginning of their thread titles.

Include a screenshot to explain your problem, or as part of your review. To take a screenshot, hold your home button and press the top right button at the same time. The screenshot will be in your camera roll.

This document will grow along with this forum. Let me know if you have any questions or need some clarification.

Big Mac Jul 29, 2009 07:17 AM
Question: Is this forum for the discussion of all things related to iPhone apps, including App Store policies and even apps only available through jailbreaking, or is it just for those apps that are available from the store? I don't want to stir anything up but wasn't sure what the exact forum terms were.

Demonhood Jul 29, 2009 12:29 PM
for the time being, i'd say we restrict discussion to apps available through the store (or apps you're developing, or want to exist, etc.). jailbreaking applications opens up a big can of worms.

discussing all things 'App Store', including policies, should go in this forum as well.

Big Mac Jul 29, 2009 01:34 PM
Got ya.

carywood Oct 28, 2009 02:28 AM
Nice post.......
While I agree that a nice job was done, I am a fan of these types of conversions,its very hilarious idea.

~Colon cleanser signature spam removed. Sorry you missed it.

turtle777 Oct 28, 2009 02:37 AM
Quote, Originally Posted by carywood (Post 3898664)
While I agree that a nice job was done, I am a fan of these types of conversions,its very hilarious idea.
Say what ? :confused:

-t

reader50 Mar 6, 2013 06:31 AM
Due to popular spammage, we have implemented the Market privileges in iApps. New members can't create new threads here until they reach 100 posts. Longer-term members get the priv with fewer posts. This does not affect replying. The linked Market sticky has the details.

Even this sticky thread was not immune. There are 12 (twelve) deleted spam posts above this one. In addition to the one everyone can still see.

turtle777 Mar 6, 2013 09:02 AM
:thumbsup:

-t

Angelinaapps Oct 23, 2014 08:48 PM
100 posts before i can talk about our Free app? are you serious?

reader50 Oct 23, 2014 09:55 PM
Angelinaapps, send a private message to Demonhood and/or -Q-, our local Moderators in iApps. Exceptions are possible.

Sunshine Betty Jul 8, 2015 01:54 AM
Quote, Originally Posted by Big Mac (Post 3867444)
Question: Is this forum for the discussion of all things related to iPhone apps, including App Store policies and even apps only available through jailbreaking, or is it just for those apps that are available from the store? I don't want to stir anything up but wasn't sure what the exact forum terms were.
Could new membership post new thread? How could I get this privilage? Thanks

andi*pandi Jul 8, 2015 12:21 PM
Are you promoting an app? If not, you can post new threads in any of the non-iApps or Marketplace forums.

However, if what you meant to ask was, Can I post a new thread to promote my app or business, contact admins first.

Mike Wuerthele Jul 9, 2015 04:12 PM
IF you have an app you want reviewed, and I mean reviewed, not promoted, contact [email protected]

However, be careful what you ask for. If the app is good, we'll say so. On the other side, if the app is garbage, we'll say that too.